Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Seriously, is there a way to get rid of a Migraine...?

before it gets started. I feel one coming on. But, I've never found anything to stop them before they get bad. I can't take the Imitrex and a few other like it...is there anything else that someone knows of?I have the aurora starting now...I know the signs (unfortunately).
Thank you!
Answer:
You can try the Excedrin Migrane pills. Take two of those with two benedryl. Sit in the dark where it's quiet. Also an ice pack wouldn't hurt. This is all that works for my aunt who also has migranes. Good luck.
Caffeine is an excellent vasoconstrictor. In fact, it is a primary ingredient in some migraine medications.
It is hard because you really have to catch them before they even start. The one thing that my husband uses and most of the time it works is to take 3 Migraine Excenderins and downs them with lots of Mountain Dew or any high caffeine drink, lays down in a dark room with a cool cloth to his head and hopes and prays it goes away. Sometimes the throwing up will release that pressure inside there too when it gets too bad.
I used to get what I thought were migraines and tried imetrix, etc. I found that I was grinding/clenching my teeth and had no idea. My headache would come on HOURS after I woke up so I never made the connection. I bought a mouth guard that you can mold yourself at walgreens for about $20 and it has made all the difference. I rarely get headaches anymore (except when I nap without my guard). A guard from a dentist can cost several hundred dollars, so I recommend trying one from the pharmacy first to see if it helps. Good luck!
I don't know if this will work for a migraine, but it works great for a regular headache. Have someone rub their hands together and then place their left hand on your forehead and their right thumb and pointer finger high on the back of your skull. Have them press really hard with their right fingers and draw their fingers down toward your back. Do this three times and then have them put their right hand, palm this time, on the back of your neck again and push. Slowly release both hands after about 10 seconds.
Maybe go to sleep before it gets there...?
Hey,Try the new stuff called Head On. There is a special kind that is just for migraines. You might also try alternating hot and cold packs on the back of your neck. While you are having a migraine, try to relax your shoulders and neck as much as possible. I know where you are coming from. I used to have cycle migraines every month, and I would have to go to the emergency room and get an iv before it would go away. Mine were so bad that the whole left side of my face would go numb and would draw like I was having a stroke. Anyway, my doctor put me on anaprox 10 days before my cycle. I take the anaprox two times per day, and I haven't had a migraine in four months. Maybe you should talk with your doctor.Best of luck
Try a Yahoo search for migraine + treatment (OR cures OR remedies) and see what you get.
My mum is also a migraine sufferer and she simply pops Ponstan when she feels one coming her way. Other than that, get sufficient rest and try to clear your mind of any undue stress! :D
I get migraines frequently. I've found out that if I feel one coming on, I take excedrin migraine. But the only thing that helps me is to lie down, and try to sleep. Any noise will make your head pound even harder, so i usually out earplugs in. It may seem weird, but just try to sleep.
try relaxing,
I had migraines until I had my upper teeth taken out...they were pressing on the sinus nerves there...this is something you can have checked...also take a 81 asperin daily...it helps prevent them...once they start follow what musicpunker55 said.
There is no medicine for H/A OR MIGRAINE. Not only these but for almost all painful diseases. Hence they become chronic.
Acidity, excessive wind, cold , heat, sour food and sinusitis, constipation, intestinal inflammation;
Blockage in the flow of Vital Energy are their causes. None of them can be treated with medicine. Our 100% success in treating migraine %26H/A confirms it.
Acupuncture is the best treatment. I can treat it with naturopathy and YOG, but how can you manage pl see.
Avoid late sleeping if possible;spicy, sour, stale bakery foods and alcohole.
Sweet foods, sweet fruits, milk, rice and good sleep will help you.
But you try one herbal remedy- two drops of drumstick leaves' juice in opposite nostril if one side pains and both nostrils if full H/A will give you rescue. Betel leaf helps but it isvery strong.
If it is acute pl search a painful point 3-6 mm behind your thumb nail and press it, H/A will disappear within 30 seconds.Source(s):
SHREE SWASTHYAYOG TREATMENT, TRAINING %26 RESEARCH INSTITUTE
R.H. 鈥?19, Jhulelal Society, Sector 鈥?2/E, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, INDIA.
massaging your nerve endings helps
have you ever tried this web site
they have a bunch of stuff on there
it might have something for you...
www.cure-zone.com
I have suffered for years with them. Someone told me to try taking 4 Advil and 2 sudefed { in my state you have to sign for it at the drug store} Get the one that has Nasal Decongestant. Go in a cool dark room and either put a cold rag or an ice pack on the back of your neck. This did help me I was surprised. Another thing I have tried that has worked is Excedrin Tension Headache. This is a wonder drug. I feel for you, Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net