Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Severe Heartburn after tonsillectomy: is this normal? or related?

I'm a 26 year old male, I have never had heartburn in my life(not even a mild episode). I had a tonsillectomy about three weeks ago and since then I have had SEVERE heartburn(if this is even heartburn). The pain/burning begins right above my sternum and end above my adams apple. It does NOT matter what I eat or drink the burning starts and hurts, this even includes milk. Does anyone know if this is related to the tonsillectomy or what might be causing this. Also, I am in good shape(i play rugby for my college) so this is not a weight issue and again I have never had heartburn before. Please Help!
Answer:
It sounds like it is irritation and or possible damage to your throat from the tube put down your throat during your surgery. I would call your surgeons office and talk to his/her nurse.GOOD LUCK!
This is definitely not normal and I would recommend having this checked out by your dr to see what they think could be causing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net