Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sharp momentary pains in right temporal lobe?

I have been getting sharp, momentary pains in my right temporal lobe. They aren't whole headaches. They are simple unbearable pains on or near my right temple. The spot is always the same and very specific.I'm a fairly built guy and used to pain, but these short, lightening-fast pains stop me in my tracks. I can't function for the one or two seconds they occur. I had them a couple of years ago for a period of time, but haven't had them since... until now.I've had three in the last 6 hours. Doctor couldn't help me before. Has anyone heard of this? Solution? 22 y/o male
Answer:
I literally feel your pain. I get those as well and its the worst feeling ever. I had one doc tell me it was tooth related, i had another tell me it was stress related.
Im sorry I dont have an answer for you. I do know that some local hospitals offer headache studies where they actually pay you to come in and watch your brain activity. Call around or google your area to see if this is available.
Good luck.
Why do you think these headaches are stemming from your temporal lobe? It sounds more like a round of cluster headaches.
I'm having the same problem. I've been getting sharp momentary pains in the right temple area for the past couple years - maybe once every few months - but lately it's a couple times a week. The National Institute of Health web site (nih.gov) mentioned something that usually occurs in older people (50+) called temporal arteritis that could be potentially serious. I'm going to make an appointment with my physician to be on the safe side. Best of luck to you.
The pain I get now is below my right ear. The frequency comes and goes, depending on what I do. I had a few experiences in the past (about 7years ago) which was far worse, it occurred on the entire head for 3 days and I couldn't do anything but to lie in bed. I took blood test but doctor couldn't find anything and just said was virus. [ For this pain I think I finally found the cause, it might have been the cold wind that goes into my ear, pain will not be at a specific part of the brain. ]For my current pain, I suspect its the coffee that I take at my workplace (Moccana) because I've had it several times a few months ago and it went off after I stopped coffee altogether. Recently I forgot about it and had coffee on Sun (International Roast) and it was ok. It wasn't until yesterday when I took coffee at work and started having the pain again. Mine is coupled with extreme tiredness and I keep yawning. Normally the frequency of the pain reduces when I put a cold pack gel on the spot where it hurts, and goes away after I have a nights sleep. (I've read that temporal lobe is linked to visual, so that might be related as to why sleeping is better than staying awake)The pain might be called migraine, and this might tie to epilepsy, because I spoke to my aunt who has epilepsy and she has nearly the same pain that I am experiencing, only far worse than mine. (I am 24yrs/female)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net