Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Severe abdominal pain cuased by narcotics?

I have had injuries and suffered from migraines over the years which have resulted in numerous ED visits over the last twenty years. So I have had the experience of receiving several different narcotics. My 1st experience with this pain that I am inquiring about occured back in the 80's when I took a codeine for a migraine. Within about 20 minutes I began having abdominal pain that eventually was much worse than the migraine. I was hunched over with a spasm, twisting, squeezing type of pain which I ended up going to the ED for. I was also nauseated and very sweaty. At first the ED staff thought I was having a heart attack but that ended up being ruled out. The pain eventually went away over a period of hours when some other narcotic was administered. Nobody was ever able to tell me what the pain was caused from other than I should not take codeine again.
Since then I have had the same reaction to other narcotics (oral AND IV form). They include percocet, dilaudid, fentanyl, darvocet.
Answer:
Hi.....Allot of narcotics can cause sever abdominal pain, in less sever cases, they usually give something for constipation, and or diarrhea. It seems you have a real adversion to any of them. Are you taking these pills with food? Sometime crushing them up in a drink of your choosing will ease the ride through your system. GOOD LUCK....LATER..
Opiate narcotics, like the ones you are currently taking, cause constipation when taken over short periods. If they gave you far too many or you are allergic, the opiate may have acted on the receptor that controls the diaphragm, as well as the receptor that controls pain. This is different from constipation. Do you have a larger than normal stomach, when this happens? If so, suggest this theory to your primary care physician.
same thing happens to my husband and he is allergic to cod.
There is no medicine for almost all painful diseases. Hence they become chronic.
.
Acupuncture is the best treatment. I can treat it with naturopathy.
A glass of warm water + 1/2 lemon juice + (little ginger paste if you get) will solve your problem within few minutes.
Continue with L.W. or citrus fruits for 3 days or till you feel good hunger.
Fast on cocoanut water for a day or three if there is chronic constipation will vanish both the problems.
Aglass of buttermilk five times a day (not sour) will also solve the problems.Source(s):
SHREE SWASTHYAYOG TREATMENT, TRAINING %26 RESEARCH INSTITUTE
R.H. 鈥?19, Jhulelal Society, Sector 鈥?2/E, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, INDIA.
hi, it sounds like you have postcholecystectomy syndrome. my friend and i have a webgroup sphincterofoddi_pancreatitis. im a nurse with chronic pancreatitis and my friend started having pains after her gall bladder was removed. i think yours was removed? in any case, if codeine caused what it did, you are having spasms in your biliary tract for sure, especially the pancreas. come in a read we have a big library. i would like for u to get help and this is the best way.goodluck;)michele ps-we are in yahoo health groups (im dumb(puter wise) so i cant really wite the link=lol))

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net