Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sharp stabbing pain in the heel of the foot??

I have started, in the past week or so to get a real sharp stabbing pain in the heel of my left foot. It is a strong enough pain to make you cry out, but will only last between 10 seconds and a minute. It is not worse after rest or in the morning and can strike at any time of the day or night. I even get it during the night, while at rest. There is no pain or aching generally and I can walk fine once the pain has subsided.
I have the pain, maybe 3 or 4 times per day.
Any idea's??
Answer:
It sounds to me like a heel spur caused by Plantar Fasciitis. It's a painful inflammatory condition caused by excessive wear to the plantar fascia of the foot. The pain is usually felt on the underside of the heel, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. This condition often results in a heel spur on the calcaneus, in which case it is the underlying condition, and not the spur itself, which produces the pain.You should go have it checked by a Podiatrist.
Heel spur? (See a doctor - anytime you have severe stabbing pain it requires a dr. visit.)
I had it but i forgot wat its called. It made me stop soccer for a while.
It depends...it could be from wearing bad shoes like high heals often, or you could have a planters wart which can feel like you're stepping on glass. (I had one on my toe years ago) they are usually under the surface of your skin so it's hard to see
Massage your heel, and ice it... if it dosent go away in 4 days then see a local doctor, nothing scary, just a vist.
Possible heal spur. Your podiatrist can give you a cortisone shot to relieve the pain (i know needles are scary but it makes the pain a lot more manageable).
you probably have some spurs..its very common
i have the same problem and my dr. told me it is tendonitis

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net