Sunday, October 25, 2009

Really painful bruise?

I have alot of bruises on my legs, I swim on swim team and so when I get out of the water my legs get pushed down on the concrete and sometimes they get bruised. I also sometimes get kicked in the leg when were doing breaststroke. The bruises are really painful they hurt really bad, especially if you rub or push your finger on it. It also hurts to walk with them. I have one right below my knee and it is a slightly pinkish purplish color bruise but it hurts alot. what do I do for the bruises and how can I make them better. I want them to get better because it's annoying how it hurts to walk with them.
Answer:
you could have possibly bruised your bone, or it is just a painfull bruise, nothing to worry about. is there any chance you could take a break from swimming for a while to give your bruises a chance to heal? if not I would suggest trying to be really carefull when you get out of the water and try not to have your bruises get hit by anything. Ice them and they will get better. Also here is a tip, if it hurts to poke it, don't poke it(thats what my mom always told me)
just leave them on their own. Don't move them too much, and use those stair things to get out of the pool. (I know the concrete hurts!) Make sure to keep away from people while doing any stroke, or ask your instructor to make the lanes wider so that people can swim comfortably. Or just wait till others have passed till you start swimming, that's what i do, but I'm not so sure about that because your on a swim team.
hey if u punch it it will feel better
I would suggest taking some ibuprofen, and trying some ice. Try not to push on them or mess with them, and then just give them some time to heal, if they don't get any better within a week or so I would see a doctor, but most likely they just need some time to heal.
I had a doctor tell me once to put Flex All on it (the stuff you use for sore muscles). I have tried it before and it did seem to help the healing process out, but I couldn't tell you why or how... it just does. Hope that helps!
Get some arnica at the health food store. It's good for bruises. Also, some cream called Traumeel. It's made in Germany and usually can also be found at a health food store. It's great stuff. Ice will not help. Apply the Traumeel when you're not swimmunbg. Carry it in your gym bag. Take the arnica several times a day. Bromaid will also help..again the health food store. Bruises can take a week to 10 days to fade, depending on the color they are now. What I told you will speed it up a bit and also reduce the pain. Forget Ibopofrin for bruises too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net