Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scolosis???

i found out that i have a 18 degree curve in my back...i feel like always crying because im not normal or something and why i am like this..does any one have advice??
Answer:
My husband has a curve in his spine, 18 degrees really isn't a huge curve, I take care of people with anywhere up to 40 degree curves, and that is bad..You aren't abnormal!! Go on with life, and enjoy everyday, so what you have scoliosis..who cares...I bet you are an awesome person to be around! and if someone doesn't like you b/c of something like that, it's not worth getting sad about!!
An 18 degree curve isn't that bad- they don't usually consider a brace (which is like a corset, it goes under your clothes and isn't really visible) until the curve is about 25 degrees. Depending on your age and how mature your bones are, it may or may not get worse. However, the curve is almost certainly visible (mine's 13 degrees and you can kind of see it), so you may want to lay off the swimsuits and other clothes that show your back if you're self-conscious about it.
I have multiple scoliosis and although I don't know you, you are beautiful the way you are. It's up to you to live your normal life. I have a lovely wife and three strong children. You will be fine. Take medical advice. Exercises can help you a lot. I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net