Sunday, October 25, 2009

Residual pain?

My leg cramps mostly cleared up and my dad thought I might have been dehydrated drinking alot of water helped alot and most of the cramps are gone but a little over a day later I still have a dull cramp in my thigh.Is this just a residual cramp or should I just cave and see my doctor?None of my symptoms fit a blood clot and I'm not in pain but the leg still feels kinda weird
Answer:
it sounds like you are lacking some minerals like potassium and or magnesium. try taking a regular multivitamin. another thing is to drink something like gatorade for its mineral contents. i also bought pills called leg cramps and they have quinine in them and it really helps with the cramps.goodluck;)michele
Quite often leg cramps can be caused by a lack of calcium and/or potassium. You could try taking a supplement and see if that helps.
Drinking water is definitely helping you. But to really get your body hydrated you need to drink Mineral Water, it will give your body all the minerals that are leaving your body daily and you won't have to guess about which mineral will help you. I recommend you mix mineral water with purified water 50/50. You should see a significant change within a week.
Since the symptoms are improving, I would recommend that you wait another day or two to see if resolves completely. Are these leg cramps associated with your period?? Any recent strenuous exercise?? Have you been taking any Tylenol or Motrin/Advil ?? Over all, I think that you should be fine.
try eating some bananas or taking some potassium tablets, low potassium will cause some leg and feet cramping, please check with your doctor first, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net