Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scoliosis storys??

most of you have had scoliosis and i have one too but i wonna hear yours even if you had surgery 20 years ago i still wonna hear the details and whats the outcome can you bend your back?
and please no mean useless answers
Answer:
ok well it all started a few months ago when i went to the doc. cuz i was sick. they decided to take and x-ray of my chest to see if i had a more serious desease. it turns out i didnt have that desease but i did have scoliosis. i started freaking out since i didnt really know what it was and the doctor was trying to calm me down. so then i had to go back downstairs and take many more x-rays, which i didnt want to but had to. the doctor looked at them and confirmed that it was scoliosis. she said i had two curves and that i shouldn't worry cuz they were only 15 and 5 degrees. she then said that i needed to go to the childrens hospital which was like an hour and a half away so my mom called and made and appointment in may. just when i started to calm down about everything i got a call saying that the curves were actually 28 and 20 degrees so then i started to get worried again and i thought that i was going to be stuck wearing a brace which i really didnt want :(
so when i got to the childrens hospital a few weeks later the orthopedist looked at my x-rays and said that they were *surprise, surprise* something different and i was beginning to wonder who to trust but he is a professional orthopedist so i guess i trust him. lol. anyway he said that my curves were 45 and 24 and the next time i came to see him (3 monthes) we would discuss having surgery :( as he told me that i tried to hold back tears i felt like i wanted to run out of the room crying, but thankfully i didnt. most surgeons do surgery at 50 degrees but he does it at 45 so yea. but i am really nervous and scared and i am going back in august. do you have scoloiosis cuz if you do i would like to hear your story or if you would like to hear more of mine email me at heatherbahr2@yahoo.com. thanks
I have scoliosis which has caused two curves in my spine, one C curve to the right and one rotation in my spine. It is getting worse, but not enough for surgery. I see a chiropractor 2 times a month to keep it loose and it doesn't cause much pain unless it moves a rib around.
I have scoliosis as well.
I have it pretty bad,But no surgery.
Next month I go to a spine clinic.
I hope that helps with the pain.
Ive had scoliosis for a while.
At least when i was in 6th grade. My regular doctor told me to get an x-ray but i never had the guts to since the first thing he mentioned was SURGERY.
In 7th grade i skipped my scoliosis screening. I thought about going to my doctor again but then i decided not to.
In 8th grade, i researched more about scoliosis and i got scared. I talked to my mom about it but she kept on saying that its nothing, that its just a little. But then i kept on saying that i should get an x-ray and i could even get surgery, then my mom got scared.
I went to my regular doctor, he said to go get an x-ray and i did. After that, a lady called and told my mom i had a 21 degree curve. I was pretty relieved since it wasnt that bad.
I still had to go to the hospitol to talk to an orthopedic ( my regular doctor referred me to him)
He said my degrees are 34 (upper curve) and 37 (lower curve)
The thing is, most girls stop growing at least after 2 years of their period. I JUST started mines at that time.
I was scared. Im close to needing surgery and istill have 2 years minimum to grow! So that means it can get worse. And it can get better.
He didnt give me a brace at that time although he should have since i was going into summer soon and i would rather start wearing a back brace in the summer then start during the beginning of high school.
So he told me to come back 3 months after,
After about 3 months of worry, which is actually
TODAY i got the letter for appointment. Im going to get an x-ray at the hospitol this time (last time i got it somewhere else).
Well my appointment is next week so if you would like to know what happens please tell me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net