Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saciatica nerve question?

I have been dianogasticed with saciatica. 2 buldging discs anthe the pain running down my left leg and ankel area. My orthepedica surgeo has recomended a cortosone shot to releave the pain. Several questions if you have had this done. #1 how long does it releve the pain(assuming it is effective) before another might be warreted. #2 How many shots do you get because the pain is in several places. Any input is appreciated
Answer:
I have had one shot for my sciatica just over 6 months ago. But I hear is a very long time for it to be effective.Usually, if it is effective, it can last a month or two before the pain starts to really flare up again.
You will know in yourself just when it is needed.
But be warned, it dosn't work for everybody, so don't get all your hopes up that this is the answer to all the pain relief that you need.
But if it does take it can bring almost instant relief.They will give you usually one shot only in the sciatic nerve which will releave the refered pain in the leg and ankle. Which is very common in sciatica.Most places will give you some form of sedation when they give the shot.Hope this helps some.
Good luck and I hope it works.
here is the info about sciatica pain relief treatment..take a look.
I am not the person to answer for shots, as my sister and son both had them, and by the time the shot sight stopped hurting, the pain was there with a vengeance. My mother, sister and my 29 year old son suffer from a degenerative disc disease, and broken down, that means their spine is collapsing. Little pieces if vertabrae simetimes lodge in the spinal nerve and they are completely laid out with pain. I am 57 and have no sign of this, in fact I am still very active. I would gladly trade backs with my son. Now for the good news. Morphine implants can be very effective, but they are the last course of action before surgery. You are usually made to try the cortisone shots before they move on to the implant. My son usually received two shots in different locations, because of the distance between the two most affected areas. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net