Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scars... How do you minimize the look of scars?

So here's the thing... I accidentally burnt myself with my curling iron on my neck on Tuesday. The top layer of skin came off and right now there's a scar about the size of a dime or so. It still hurts like hell but what hurts worse is having it just below my face. This thing is making me depressed and I'm afraid it might be permanent. Please for all of you who've ever had a scar from a burn or just a scar period...how did you get the rid of it. Does it fade over time?
Answer:
Cocoa butter has been said to help fade some scars, and if it is only a minor burn scar, it will help a bit. It worked for me on some minor scarring.Although some also say that it's not the cocoa butter itself that fades scars, but the action of massaging the scar: http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/con...Either way, try it out, either the massage OR the cocoa butter will help!
neosporin can help reduce scars but it should also fade in time.
You can try vitamin K or E cream. Those vitamins can clear scars. or use Mederma. I used that on my scar and it cleared up pretty well
but Mederma could be somewhat pricey sometimes
There is a special creme that is prescribed to you by a doctor. I know, bc I was badly burned on the arm many years ago. this creme is commonly used for this type of injury, but I can't think of the name of it off hand. You can also apply cocoa butter to it for now til you can go see a doctor, then that way you can preserve and even add the skin's nutrients, which is helpful in the healing process.
Here are some sure fire ways to decrease the damage of scarring1.Thoroughly clean the wound, A wound that heals quickly and neatly is less likely to develop a scar than a wound that festers2. Help it heal- Wash your injury gently with soap and water or a mild betadine solution at least once a day. Keep it covered, dry and clean between washings3. Soother with aloe. Break off a piece of aloe and use the plant's natural healing moisture, or squeeze on an aloe cream. Both have an analgensic action that will make your wound feel better and prevent scarring.4. LEAVE BLISTERS INTACT FOR PREVENTION OF SCARRING-- those bubbles of skin are nature's own best bandages

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Should I go to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net